Terms & Conditions.
Bookings and payments
The dates of your booking will be held for 5 days upon receipt of payment of a non-refundable deposit of 25%, or payment in full. Any booking less than 8 weeks in advance of your check-in date must be paid in full immediately. We reserve the right to sell this holiday without further notice after this period. The deposit will not be returned, but we may refund further payments if we are able to resell your holiday dates (see ‘Cancellations’ below).
On receipt of the deposit, a booking confirmation will be sent to you within 24 hours, stating the details of your stay and of payments made and due. If you have not received your booking confirmation within the specified time, please let us know as soon as possible. Payments can be made by PayPal, debit card, cheque, bank transfer and credit card. A 2% surcharge will be applied to credit cards. We do not accept American Express or any other kind of payment.
Where a deposit has been paid, the full balance payment will be due 8 weeks in advance of your check in date and a reminder will be sent to you two weeks prior to this date, where applicable, by email. If you are unable to pay the balance before the stated due date, you will forfeit your deposit and your booking will be cancelled.
The Lazy Bear Hideaway only accepts bookings from persons over 18 years of age. The Lazy Bear Hideaway reserves the right, at all times, without statement of reasons, to refuse a booking.
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation, accepting our terms and conditions, sent to you by post or email.
The prices featured on the website are not binding. The Lazy Bear Hideaway reserves the right to modify these prices. At the time of booking you will be informed of the prices applicable. The price stated on the confirmation invoice is binding.
Rental of The Lazy Bear Hideaway
The following is included in the rental price of any or all of The Lazy Bear Hideaway :
- Rental of Cabin or Showmans Wagon
- Bed linen, duvets and towels
- Logs for the fire pit for 1st night
- Logs for the wood burning stove, 1st night
- Use of wood burning hot tub,
- Use of shower room and compost toilet facility
- Kitchen facilities
- Use of gas BBQ with 1 gas hob ring
- 60L fridge
- Toilet rolls, and cleaning products
- Lanterns (battery or solar powered) Please note, we provide all batteries.
- Not included are, among other things:
- Cleaning up after yourselves in the kitchen area. Please note, we provide cleaning products to help with this.
- Putting your waste into the relevant waste container which are clearly labelled.
- We want to recycle as much as possible, so please separate waste from glass, paper, plastic and metal items.
Arrival & Departure
Check-in time is 4pm for the Lazy Bear Hideaway, please let us know your approximate arrival time no later than the day before you travel.
Please vacate the Lazy Bear Hideaway by 10:00am on the day of departure.
As agreed at the time with your booking agent, per their terms.
Force majeure on the side of The Lazy Bear Hideaway exists if the implementation of the agreement is entirely or partially, temporarily or permanently, prevented due to circumstances which are beyond the control of the Lazy Bear Hideaway, including threat of war, staff strikes, blockades, fire, floods and other disruptions or events. We will, of course, try to refund your holiday cost if possible.
Guests undertake to behave in a proper, appropriate and legal manner with due respect to the owner, the property, other guests and their property. If any guest behaves inappropriately or improperly or illegally, The Lazy Bear Hideaway reserves the right to ask the guest and their party to leave the site before the end of the holiday. Any refund will be at the discretion of the owner. The Lazy Bear Hideaway will be the final judge of any of the above.
Visitors are asked to take care at all times while on our property. The Lazy Bear Hideaway accept no liability for accident, loss of property or personal injury incurred on site.
All guests must be over the age of 18 to stay at the Lazy Bear Hideaway. Maximum persons per stay is 2.
Due to being surrounded by farmland, sorry no DOGS or PETS are allowed.
No Smoking Policy
The Lazy Bear Hideaway operates a strict NO SMOKING POLICY anywhere on site.
In the event that you have any complaint about your stay, please notify The Lazy Bear Hideaway as soon as possible and we will use all reasonable endeavors to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Authority to Sign
The person who signs to accept the terms and conditions on the Booking Form certifies that:
- He or she is authorized to agree Booking Conditions on behalf of all persons in the party.
- The signatory is over 18 years of age.
- They agree to take responsibility for the party occupying the accommodation.
- No additional visitors.
- Campfires and guests’ own bbqs are not permitted on site.
Now for the simpler stuff, some things to think about before and during your stay so you enjoy a breath of fresh air in the rolling hills of Wales and have a truly magnificent glamping experience!
- Come prepared with the right footwear (wellies or hiking boots for outdoors, and slippers or flip flops for inside the cabin and showmans wagon
- There is NO electricity on site, although mobiles can be charged on our battery pack, you will need to bring your own torch it is essential.
- Keep the communal kitchen area clean and tidy at all times, or it will attract unwanted guests
- Put all rubbish in the appropriate waste or recycling bins.
- Adhere to the Countryside Code at all times whilst on the property, or any surrounding footpaths.
- Keep any noise after 11pm to a minimum.
- Be careful with all fires.
- The hot tub is not to be used if pregnant or if you have high blood pressure and should be used according to the guidelines which can be found in the guest user manual.
- Don’t light any fire other than in designated areas.
- No smoking on site or in the Cabin or Showmans wagon or any buildings.
- Don’t leave any fire unattended at all times
- Don’t use any lanterns or lights with naked flames
- Do not dry clothes on or near the wood burning stove.
- Let us know about any damage or breakages, accidents happen, but more serious damage may need to be charged.
- Care must be taken on site due to uneven ground and steep access steps.